Bellevue Pain Clinic in Bellevue, Washington uses spinal decompression to treat chronic leg and back pain that is caused by a herniated or bulging disc or arthritis. It’s a non-invasive way to alleviate the pain associated with these conditions. If you have one of these conditions you know that every day activities that should not cause discomfort or pain, do so. One such activity is gardening. Most people garden for two reasons, it’s a chore, but a pleasant one. The pleasure of gardening can be taken away by back pain and yet the weeds continue to grow. There are a few things you can do to keep your garden looking great and not make your condition worse while you are waiting for treatment.
- Sit don’t bend – Get yourself a step stool to sit on and weed sitting down. You’ll save your back and maybe enjoy the view.
- Switch Hands – Try to use both hands equally to even out the muscle usage. This will help balance the strain on your arms, shoulders and back.
- Mulch it! – Have someone put on a few extra inches of mulch to keep those weeds down.
- Use raised beds – Using raised beds helps in several ways. They help control weeds that would spread by roots creeping in. Raised beds can provide a place to sit or at the very least, something to lean on, and push off of to help you stand up.
- Use Ground Covers – Ground covers block out the light for weed seedlings and so help keep weeds to a minimum.
If you are having back pain, call (425) 999-9633